Please download and install the Bin Tahr Font for proper viewing.

Also I'm lazy and don't want to debug my CSS for other browsers so...
get Firefox.

Monday, May 14, 2007

Possible length problems

Given the fact that Bin Tahr is supposed to be simple, it will be very easy to dig myself into a hole with this concept. Due to the fact that I don't want to have words that are more than one syllable and that multiple simple words strung together are supposed to communicate complex ideas.

For instance, I was trying to come up with a way to say "human" today, and I wanted to say "one that lives with thinking", or in other words a sentient being. I ended up discerning that the way to say this was "kae mahch kdeem koot keel" literally translating as "it that lives with thinking" this was a rather long word. So I condensed it down to "kdeem keem" which means "lives thinking". Still too long, so I went with "keekd", a combination of "keel" and "kdeem", thinking and living, which in turn mean person or human.

This problem will be very familiar to me in the future, and word condensing will have to be mastered in order to maintain the simplicity and brevity of that Bin Tahr is supposed to have.

No comments: